Should you seek help from the Crisis Center or the Emergency Department? If you are unsure or if you need help immediately, always call 911.
- In need of urgent and short-term care to manage mental health symptoms
- Experiencing suicidal thoughts
- Experiencing drug/alcohol addiction
- Those seeking voluntary help
- Attempted suicide
- Medically unstable or in need of life-saving care
- Danger to him/herself and/or others
- Individuals on an emergency petition (violent, suicidal)
The Klein Family Harford Crisis Center has been designed for the special needs of people in a mental health crisis whereas an average hospital emergency room is not. It is expected that the Harford Crisis Center will serve anywhere from 3,000 to 5,000 people annually.