Should you seek help from the Crisis Center or the Emergency Department? If you are unsure or if you need help immediately, always call 911.
The Klein Family Harford Crisis Center
- In need of urgent and short-term care to manage mental health symptoms
- Experiencing suicidal thoughts
- Suffering with drug/alcohol use
- Those seeking voluntary help
- Attempted suicide
- Medically unstable or in need of lifesaving care
- Violent or aggressive behavior
- Individuals on an emergency petition (violent, suicidal)
If someone experiences an opioid overdose, Naloxone can save their life.
LEARN MORE >
The Klein Family Harford Crisis Center has been designed for the special needs of people in a mental health crisis whereas an average hospital emergency room is not. It is expected that the Harford Crisis Center will serve anywhere from 3,000 to 5,000 people annually.