When someone you love needs help…
Should you seek help from the Crisis Center or the Emergency Department? If you are unsure or if you need help immediately, always call 911.
- In need of urgent and short-term care to manage behavioral health symptoms
- Experiencing suicidal thoughts
- Experiencing drug/alcohol addiction
- Those seeking voluntary help
- Attempted suicide
- Medically unstable or in need of life-saving care
- Danger to him/herself and/or others
- Individuals on an emergency petition (violent, suicidal)
The Klein Family Harford Crisis Center has been designed for the special needs of people in a mental health crisis whereas an average hospital emergency room is not. It is expected that the Harford Crisis Center will serve anywhere from 3,000 to 5,000 people annually.